19 May 2010

The view from here.
The view from here.,
originally uploaded by ebeth.
At the moment, I'm spending my time moving between here and there both literally and figuratively.

Time is standing still and flying past all at once and there isn't very much I can do to stop it. I should add that I'm not sure I'd want to, anyway.

This weekend I have a very difficult task ahead of me that will change one little life forever. It's not something I take lightly or head into without significant thought and care and frankly, it scares the hell out of me.

Who am I to change someone's life without their permission? Who gave me the right to make decisions for others? I know I'm the responsible adult making up half the decision making team - but seriously, how did that happen?

Most days, I feel like I'm about 12 .. but facing this weekend, I feel every day, week and month of my 38 years.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, I told anyone that would listen to me that I had no expectations for her birth but that I just wanted to get through it with humour and grace. I suppose that's what I'm wishing for this weekend.

I'd like to tell my daughter that I'm getting divorced .. with humour and grace.

4 comments:

  1. All the very best of luck with it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear your news - I'm sure you'll all handle it as well as possible - lots of luck and love xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to hear your news. I am sure you will handle it with your usual humor and grace. We will all be out here for the pick me up after (if you need it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! http://life.familyeducation.com/divorce/parenting/45564.html - Might give you some ideas for how to - if you haven't already looked them up.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete