9 May 2011

Radio silence from the 2nd of April until today, the 9th of May. I know.. I know.. I rule.

So - what's shakin'?

The boyfriendliest partner and I recently returned from a trip to the Homeland (that's homeland with a capital H as seen on the badge worn on the shoulder of every immgration erm, Homeland Security Officer encountered during our trip. Trust me, I respect their authority. Honest.).

We spent time with my family and took ourselves on a five day road trip through Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Georgia. 1,070 miles later - we'd stayed in five different motels (most good, one not - it's a bad sign when you check in and then drive directly to the local WalMart to buy your own pillows, surely), had five different motel breakfasts (some good, some great - hello, waffles!) and made it to many, many interesting stops along the way.

The most noteable and honestly, the main goal of our road trip... GRACELAND!  You should note that Graceland totally gets more capital letters in my opinion then Homeland Security people. Just sayin'.

I have been to the birthplace and deathplace of Elvis, friends.

I've seen jumpsuits and graves, gold records and Lisa Marie's swingset. I've touched the statue of Elvis at the Memphis Visitor's Centre (who knew that fucker would be alarmed? Learn from my mistakes, those visitor people will know if you touch it. The entire city of Memphis will hear the alarm as you touch it. You'll have to call out an apology to the world if you touch it. Lesson learned: Don't touch it, okay?)

I introduced partnerman to the joys of dining at the Cracker Barrel.. and Chick-fil-A and Steak and Shake and... and... and... Hmm, let's just say there was a lot of eating (or eatin' as my people would say). Mm.. eatin'.

Sorry, where was I?

Oh yes, so we had a fantastic two and a half weeks with little responsibility, lots of laughs and highjinks that you don't really need to read about here.

Uh, if you're my mother reading this, No, I didn't wreck your bright green gaymobile, steal any road signs, driveway reflectors or any small helpless animals. Okay? Okay.

Now the glamour of our holiday is over and we're back in the Monday to Friday hum-drum. Thankfully, the inevitable return to the five day working week was delayed thanks to the royal people getting their marriage on and various other bank holidays.

I guess you could say I'm rested and ready to grind the daily for a while..

Summer ahoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment