23 February 2010

Firstly, I should tell you that I like my mother in law. She's very nice and has always been kind to me. She's been visiting to help with the odds and ends of being home alone and the school run / childcare this week.
I'm totally fine making polite conversation and I've even come to a point in my life where I can ignore the newspapers that seem to breed in my living room when she's around. [Get to know eBeth moment number one: I hate newspaper. I don't like the way it feels and I don't like the way it smells; I will walk miles to avoid being near one. Thank crap for online news.] But I'm a girl who likes her space. So most nights I've been borrowing the excuse of an early bedtime and making my way to my room.

Dudes. I've totally got one sweet set up going in there. I'm like the Lieutenant Uhura of duvets and computers and iPhones and instant messaging and internet radio. Seriously. Get me a tight red jumper and you'd never be able to tell us apart.

Last night I totally looked around me as I was about thiiiiiiiiis close to slipping into a nerd nirvana coma.. and I just thought to myself that there are loads of people who totally wouldn't get how awesome it was. But there are some who completely get it.

Those people? Those are my people.

And so I leave you for now with this..



1 comment:

  1. Somebody get this woman a tight red jumper!!!

    ReplyDelete