Here's a lesson from me to you... When you buy whatever meat you're making for the all important Christmas dinner, yeah? Make sure you read the instructions when it comes to cooking time.
Trust me on this one.
My patient household had to wait SEVEN hours for me to cook Christmas dinner. What's that? You didn't hear me correctly? Oh yes you did.. seven fucking hours.
In some ways, it was lovely to have that time.. the boys played umpteen games on the PlayStation. I read a magazine.. Boyfriend took a nap. All while the meat cooked on. and on. and on.
Did I mention it took seven hours to cook Christmas dinner*? Yeah, I thought I might've.
In other news, my daughter is here with us now after her holiday adventures with her father. This is the beginning of a brand new chapter as she'll be living here full time from today. This pleases me very much.
So - ho ho ho, check the time on that meat, ho ho ho!
(*this is a memory I'll never forget)

No comments:
Post a Comment