So uh.. yesterday. I'm not sure if you're aware but Apple launched the iPad into the geekosphere. I might've marched my ass down to the closest Apple Store and bought one.I'm not saying I did. I'm saying that I might've. Okay, fuck it. I did and it's a tiny box full of mega concentrated awesome.
I have a bit of a she-cave going on here on my floor in my parents' house (remember, I'm on holiday, supposedly relaxing) .. so as I look around me, I have my MacBook Pro in front of me, my iPad to its left and my iPhone to the right.
Where did I put that Uhura jumper again? I think I'm going to need it. Thankfully, I look hot in tight and red. Ooh and that little doohickey thing that let's me speak to others just by pressing my shirt - well, that is kind of appealing too.
So far I've had massive nerd ADHD and haven't really found myself that stuck in to any one app on the iPad. I just keep bouncing from app to app to app, paying a bit here and there.
The one thing I will say is that I'm a bit put out at how much the paid apps are for the iPad. It's a pretty rare day when I shuck out anything more than £2 for an iPhone app. Most of the iPad apps are running in the $5-$10* range. Holy that's too expensive Batman! I'm hoping we see the price point going down a bit as more and more apps come online. I mean, I'm cute but I'm not made of money.
More news as I have it.. hey - Happy Easter, by the way.
(*I'm in America and the iPad isn't available in the UK yet - so who knows what the app prices will be in GBP.)
No comments:
Post a Comment