11 July 2011

  1. I'm an ESFJ on the Myers Briggs personality test.
  2. Apparently that makes me sensitive, caring and logical.
  3. I am not shy.
  4. I am 39 years old, staring a big birthday in the face.
  5. I'm cool with said staring.
  6. My favourite pizza toppings are beef, green pepper and red onion. It's like eating an unhealthy rainbow.
  7. I love to go camping. I am the only person I know who enjoys it.
  8. I do not like surprises. At all.
  9. My favourite colour combination is pink and green.
  10. I discovered that I liked pink and green together while reading The Official Preppy Handbook at age seven.
  11. I used to treat The Official Preppy Handbook like a bible. My only copy is well worn and a prized posession.
  12. When I was seven I wanted a preppy nickname like Muffy and wanted to go to boarding school.
  13. I used to wear sweaters/jumpers over my shoulders.
  14. I am originally from Atlanta, Georgia.
  15. Until I moved away, I was never proud of being Southern.
  16. I am now very proud to be Southern.
  17. I am Southern, not Country or a Redneck. There's a difference.
  18. Soul and Southern food are the same. Some call it country cooking or cracker cooking. I just think it all tastes good.
  19. I like green beans, but only Southern ones that have been cooked for hours at a time.
  20. I love math and was on the Mathlete squad in high school. This fact makes me laugh out loud to this very day. Competitive math. Awesome.
  21. I love to remind my children that I was a Mathlete. I encourage them to do algebraic equations and proofs with me for fun.
  22. My children humour me.
  23. I was also the president of the Latin club, treasurer of the school council, in the science club, Key Club, a State officer of the International Thespian Society and for a brief semester in the Future Homemakers of America club.
  24. The Future Homemakers of America is now called Family, Career and Community Leaders of America club. I never had any interest in being a leader of family, career or community - I was automatically enrolled because I took a HomeEc class.
  25. I have weird musical tastes.
  26. I love Lady Gaga and Neil Diamond equally.
  27. Not many people know how odd I can be.
  28. I work in a very corporate environment.
  29. My freak flag does not fly high while I'm at work.
  30. I have a therapist and I'm not afraid to use her.
  31. The hardest thing for me to accept/deal with is rejection.
  32. I am a Scorpio.
  33. Apparently being a Scorpio makes me a jealous but sexy person.
  34. I am 5'5" tall but feel shorter than that some days.
  35. I lost eight stone about four years ago, which is like losing the equivalent of another human being.
  36. I liked clothes shopping a lot more when I was larger.
  37. I hate it now but appreciate that it's cool to be able to buy things in any store, not just the fat lady ones.
  38. Only I'm allowed to make fun of how big I used to be.
  39. My second biggest pet peeve is passive agressive behaviour.
  40. My biggest pet peeve is chaos.
  41. It's not a bad thing to live by a schedule, even if it's a loose one.
  42. I am a nerd.
  43. I love my gadgets, but not more than people.
  44. No one should ever love gadgets more than people.
  45. I put my right foot in my tights/jeans/trousers/underpants first. Without exception.
  46. My favourite non-alcoholic drink is sweet tea.
  47. Where I'm from, we call sweet tea the champagne of the south.
  48. I do not drink sweet tea in the UK. This means I rarely drink sweet tea at all but I can still taste it like I had it five minutes ago.
  49. My soft drink of choice is Pepsi Max mixed with sugar-free Red Bull.
  50. I'm currently on the wagon, taking a big break from drinking alcohol.
  51. I used to drink a lot of vodka.
  52. I'm fun but stupid when I'm drunk.
  53. My favourite flower is the peony. It used to be the tulip.
  54. I have the most awesome boyfriend in the world. I could fill up numbers 55-100 telling you about our relationship.
  55. Our relationship is private and none of your beeswax. This is the first time I've been protective of a major relationship.
  56. I love my children very, very much.
  57. My favourite book ever is A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.
  58. I wear a size 7 shoe. I think this might mean I have slightly big feet.
  59. I bit my nails for 38 years. I don't any more.
  60. I stopped biting my nails because the state of my hands embarrassed me but it wasn't until I really loved the person holding my hand that I stopped.
  61. My parents divorced last year. I felt like the world as I knew it stopped spinning for a bit.
  62. There are days when I don't handle their split very well.
  63. There are days I forget that it's happened. It's easy to ignore sometimes as I'm 4,332 miles away from what I knew as home.
  64. I have been married twice and divorced twice.
  65. I am not in a hurry to get married again but I'd never say never.
  66. It feels weird to have two failed marriages behind me.
  67. I like video games but will only play puzzle or logic games. Or DJ Hero.
  68. I like to watch other people play first person action video games. I've tried to play them but am rubbish with making my eyeball controller and my feet controller coordinate their actions.
  69. I didn't eat spaghetti or mashed potatoes until I was 25.
  70. I recently developed the urge to be domestic. I love to clean the bathroom - this works well for our family.
  71. I am looking forward to moving house at some point. I would really love to have a garden complete with BBQ and green space for the short people.
  72. I'll eat most anything if it's been cooked on a BBQ.
  73. My boyfriend will tell you that I'll eat anything with BBQ sauce on it. He's not that wrong.
  74. I would not eat fish with BBQ sauce on it. I dislike most things from the sea.
  75. I do not like to swim or stick any of my body parts where a fish might touch them.
  76. I do not trust fish.
  77. I am very pale and do not tan. I burn. It's not hot.
  78. I like to wear comfortable shoes.
  79. This does not make me a lesbian.
  80. I have very little athletic talent.
  81. I was what my mother called 'an indoor child' growing up. I did not play sports. I read, drew and dorked about on my own.
  82. I slightly push my daughter towards atheletics as I'm trying to make sure she has a chance to be active and/or healthfully competitive.
  83. I like American football. I root for the Atlanta Falcons but am mostly interested in college football.
  84. I went to the University of Georgia. I'm proud to be an alumni and even have a few UGA t-shirts that I wear every now and again. Go dawgs.
  85. I love to take road trips with my boyfriend. We travel well together and both love quirky, off beat roadside attractions.
  86. We also love 70's Elvis.
  87. I've had one round of Botox in my forehead. I liked it but refused to fork out the dosh needed to keep up the treatments.  
  88. I'm secretly hoping for a puppy for my 40th birthday. This will not happen.
  89. I went to summer camp from the age of six to 16. I worked at summer camps from the age of 16 to 22.
  90. I get a major boner thinking of one day owning my own summer camp.
  91. I love to sleep under a heavy, homemade quilt. The one on our bed has been deemed 'The Waltons Blanket' and ends up only on my side a lot.
  92. I was a Girl Scout until I was 12. I was competitive with cookie sales and earning badges.
  93. I love to watch crappy television. America's Next Top Model, Toddlers and Tiaras, Dog the Bounty Hunter and The Dog Whisperer are my kinda things.
  94. I'd like to move to the middle of nowhere with my family in tow and completely drop off the grid. 
  95. I do not like working for the man. I'd like to figure out a way to survive financially while doing something I really love. 
  96. My favourite movie of all time is Meatballs. It's about a summer camp - go figure.
  97. I've only recently learned to play online Poker.
  98. I always have a glass/cup/mug/to-go cup of some kind of drink with me. Always. It's a Southern thing.
  99. I love modern art, especially Lichetenstein. I dislike Rothko immensely.
  100. Someone once told me that if my life were a sit-com, they'd watch it. I found this interesting but not flattering.

3 comments:

  1. ok . Lets get some sweet tea and go camping . Then buy puppies . No one will do these things with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all yours - it's a plan! But what Myers Briggs are you? what if we're incompatable?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe... You said "Muffy"...

    Seriously, though, wow. No idea how you can commit this level of honesty to the interwebs.

    X

    ReplyDelete