24 March 2010

I think I have a brain that is incapable of standing still. Okay, yes, I know that is a bit of a silly statement. Brains don't have feet. Duh.

Instead of taking my usual approach of one step at a time, I seem to be leaping and bounding ahead. Well, mentally anyway. I'm well past Brighton / World Horror this weekend and now in a bit of a 'Wait, I'm not ready to go on holiday' jag.

Oh wait, I know what my issue is.. I don't want to go on holiday. You read that wrong, didn't you? I'll say it again, but slower.

I don't want to go on holiday.

Nope. No way. I'm not in the mood. I'm just finding my feet in my new role in Corporateland™ and for the first time in the week and a half since I started on this floor, I've only just made headway with what it is that I'm actually supposed to be doing. The thought of walking away from it for two and a half weeks kind of freaks me out. [eBeth fact number three: I love working. Weird, huh?]

I have, however, gone ahead and paid a visit to the lovely GP in the medical centre here who has ample prescription writing skills and is incredibly receptive to my Jedi Mind Trick regarding Valium. So I am ready for the 9.5 hours of flight hell that awaits. Even if I don't want to be there. Nothing like getting legally high at 39,000 feet.

I suppose the fact that I don't want to go on holiday is actually a rather strange sign that I just might need one.

Ponderful.

1 comment:

  1. I will gladly take your holiday for you. I get one starting next Friday and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete