I'm just in the door from an excellent weekend at the World Horror Convention in Brighton. As promised, I did not a lot on the horror / books / writers / other people front.
I did spend time with some really fantastic friends (@airab, @nashg, @maybeitwasutah, @sianmeadowcroft, @snaxhanso, @apdunne, @linzidink, @demonchild6) and met some other (lesser well known to me)Twitter folk. It was a really rather mellow time and we all did whatever we wanted to do, crashing into each other every now and again.
The highlight of my weekend - sitting in my (very hard to find and rather out of the way) hotel room on my own, listening to music on my MacBook Pro, while getting stoned, eating Starburst and watching the ocean. That little jolly led to a most excellent nap. Actually, probably one of the best naps on record.
Both evenings were good fun - Friday night just about killed me so I was forced to seek a slightly different intoxication path for Saturday. Whatever pear cider I was drinking.. well, I'd like to marry it.
In other news, I have a helluva week coming up as I leave to go on holiday on Thursday. There is much to do in Corporateland™ before I leave town and don't even ask me about packing. Everything will happen but it's going to take some major one step at a time energy from me to get from here to there.
Worst case, I might have to bust out the valium prior to take off. I'm not above it, you know.

No comments:
Post a Comment