Sunday night. Man, I dislike Sunday nights.
In addition to the OCD bit of my brain that starts ticking over everything on the coming week's horizon, the 'ooh, what a lovely weekend I've had' bit keeps thinking about the ..uh.. lovely weekend I've had.
It kind of makes for a very busy brain. And seeing as how my brain just isn't that big to begin with, it makes normal mental function near impossible. So, see, I'm not just sitting here on the sofa in a coma-like state because I want to. It's sort of necessary for important things like, organ health and general survival.
The upcoming week will be interesting ... In addition to the usual [albeit new and therefore slightly more stressful] daily grind, the World Horror Convention is coming up at the end of the week. I signed up to go last April, wondering if I was still going to know all these really cool writery types that were planning to attend this conference I'd never heard of back then. I'm pleased to say that I still know all of them and absolutely can't wait to hang out with them in Brighton this weekend!
Of course, while I'm a fan of books and writers in general, I'm not super into horror as a genre. So I'm just sort of going along for the ride. I hear there might be a bar at the hotel that needs propping up!
I think WHC kicks off on Thursday and I'll be sliding in to the join in the fun on Friday evening. Bless the poor unsuspecting population of Brighton.
Okay. Back to my Sunday evening coma. There's thinking, remembering the 1% of my weekend I might've forgotten, work wardrobe dilemmas to ponder and finer week details to obsess about.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programme...

No comments:
Post a Comment