2 March 2010

My iPhone is dead.

Lobot* had been rather unwell for the past two months or so.. Every now and again, I would sync him and he'd just sort of lay there. Syncing.  Then he'd fall over and get stuck in a pretty unexciting restore cycle.

I'd last managed to resurrect Lobot about two weeks ago. I carefully chose which apps to install. Heck, it was a nice two weeks. I even put some music on him.

Sadly, Tonight I was Ping'ing and checking my email and he passed away. I've not been able to restore him as I've always been able to in the past. I'm afraid it's curtains for Lobot**.

I'm guessing tomorrow I'll be finding an Apple Store and shucking out £139 for a replacement iPhone. Even worse will be spending any amount of time talking to a so called Genius.

Mr Smug will ask me all sorts of questions while assuming that I know sweet fuck all about computers. Is it because I use the phrases 'button thingie' (home key) and 'goes all, like, whoosh' (when you swipe between pages)? Geez. Some people just don't get my nerd cool vibe, huh?

So, to my fellow iPhone lovers / users / friends. Cuddle your iPhone extra tight tonight. Sleep with it next to you and realise how very special your relationship is. Think of those of us who are less fortunate.

Lobot, my man, rest in peace dude.

[*Yeah, I name all my gadgets after Star Wars characters. Doesn't everyone?]
[**motherfucker! motherfucker! motherfucker!]

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. My heart sinks when mine goes all white and it doesn't react to the reset button thingies. I'd be absolutely lost without it. He's a bit scratched and scuffy around the edges but I hug him and squeeze him and if I could, I'd call him George.

    ReplyDelete