Well - let's see. I've hit every other form of social networking this evening, might as well throw something up here as well. Just to put the final jewel in my Queen Dorktoria crown.
You'll thank me.
It's now 01:48am. I have to be up and in situ in Corporateland™ at 8am. You are not allowed to remind me that I've done this to myself when I complain in quantity tomorrow. Just rub my head and tell me I'm pretty. That'll do nicely.
I've just spent an age watching @davesusetty ramble on Twitcam. I say I watched him ramble - I mean, I spent time trying to resist the urge to get on the next flight to Ireland so we could toast with something of the merrymaking variety. Any man that's willing to be a toilet paper ninja during an #ebethchallenge is a total keeper. (and that @delilahsnook is a lucky girl!)
Dave was incredibly kind when he noticed I was watching (I say watching, I mean staring and giggling like a 12 year old girl). He may not remember them tomorrow, but he said some really lovely things about me and Twitter. I was particularly touched when he mentioned that were it not for Twitter he wouldn't have any friends. Now, I'm certain he's embellishing the truth there .. because he's incredible. But I digress.
It just caused me to pause and reflect on how much (and I'm pretty certain I'm not alone) I've been lucky to find via Twitter. This past year of hardcore tweeting has allowed me to be me for me and that.. well, friends.. that is pretty fucking awesome.
#grouphug?

Here is your hug. I agree, I have met so many wonderful people and feel like I am really hitting my stride with who I am.
ReplyDeleteKinda saying what I've been thinking.
ReplyDeleteTwitter will end for us someday but I, for one, will certainly remember it as a Golden Ago of Friendship and Fun.
... and Dave is a bit of a God. :)
#grouphug indeed. Twitter is ace and I have found some truly awesome people. I see your Twitter praise and raise you a glass of something fizzy to toast!
ReplyDelete